Hello from all of us here at Under Pressure Divers Dahab!
Here is a little information for you about the diving here in Dahab, Egypt.
There are over 20 dive sites in Dahab itself. Dozens more of the most famous sites in the Red Sea are within an hours drive and day trips can be arranged to Sharm el Sheik, Ras Abu Galum and Neuweiba. Below is a list of all courses and fun dives that we offer. As well as facilitating your diving we can arrange transfers to and from the airport and accommodation in a hotel, a house or one of the many ‘camps’ in Dahab. Contact us directly for more details on the above offers.
- Introduction Dive – A first glimpse into the extraordinary underwater world with a 1 on 1 instructor who will introduce the basic concepts of diving and will take you on an underwater tour, max. depth 6 meters. Suitable for people with no previous experience of diving.
- Discover Scuba Diving – One day course includes 2 dives, no certification but can be credited towards a future Scuba Diver or Open Water course.
- Scuba Diver – 2 day course, first PADI certified level, max. 12 meter depth limit.
- Open Water – 3 to 4 days, complete beginner course takes you from the first introduction to diving techniques all the way to a fully qualified diver able to dive in thousands of places world wide. Includes all course material and an internationally recognized diver certification allowing you to dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters.
- Advanced Open Water – 2 ½ day course includes 5 adventure dive, including some of the most famous dive sites in Dahab. This course gives divers the ability to extend their depth range to a max depth of 30 meters.
- Emergency First Responder – Half day emergency first aid course. A classroom based course useful for divers and non-divers alike to learn how to react in emergency situations. Learn how to provide potentially life saving care to victims of stroke and heart attack as well as how to treat fractures and other injuries. This is an internationally recognized first aid qualification.
- Rescue Diver – 3 to 4 day course. A fun course that takes all of the concepts taught in the EFR course (above), builds on them and then applies the knowledge to diving and diving related situations.
- Divemaster – The first professional level of the PADI structure: from here the adventure begins! Completion of this course allows you to work as a dive guide in thousands of the most beautiful places around the globe. Even if you have no interest in being a professional diver this course is well worth while as it gives a much broader understanding of different aspects of diving and the basics about the physics and biology of diving and a much greater knowledge of the fantastic environment of the underwater world.
Already a qualified diver?
We can provide you with great local guides to help you discover the beauty and diversity of the Red Sea. We can either provide you with all the equipment you require or alternatively you are equally welcome to bring along your own.
- Guided / Fun Dive – a qualified professional diver will guide you through local dive sites.
- Night Dives – Diving at night brings a whole new perspective on the aquatic world, whole new species and ecosystems awaken and even familiar dive sites become a new and dazzling experience.
- Boat Trips – Hire a boat for the day either to go diving and snorkeling, or simply to get out for a relaxing day on the Red Sea. We offer trip to Gabr el Bint, Ras Abu Galum and to the wreck of the SS Thistlegorm.
- Camel / Jeep Safaris – Take a camel along the beach to the beautiful Bedouin village of Ras Abu Galum to dive, snorkel or just to relax in the peace and quiet. Day trips are possible but overnight trips are recommended to truly get the most out of the experience.
- Liveaboards- Book with us for seven to ten nights aboard a luxury liveaboards from Sharm el Sheikh or Hurghada and enjoy the best of the wrecks that the Red Sea has to offer. Or take a trip down south to find the sharks at the Brothers Islands. – hard recommend!